Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Answers, free and without limit

I often ask, "what of God can I bring to this moment?"  I trust the answers I get - including "let it go."
I see now that I have been thinking small:  I often stop listening after the first answer (or the first answer I perceive).  
Another way to phrase the question is, "what of God is available to me in this moment?"  To that question - and to all questions to God (or, if one prefers, to Life or Grace or Love) - there will always be at least one answer - whether or not one recognizes it or likes it.  The wisdom, guidance and comfort of the Holy Spirit - including of course that Spirit within each person - are always and generously available.  They are not like gumballs - only one per coin and turn of the knob.  They are free and without limit, if we just keep asking.