Dear reader,
Welcome. I hope you find something I have written in this blog to be of value. This is a public journal of thoughts from along my path through Life. (Though I am a very fortunate and very grateful man, the path has been bumpy at times! Applying my late mother's favorite saying turns bumps into lessons.)
I hope to contribute to others' - to your - growth, peace of mind, effectiveness, fulfillment, and joy. I hope to contribute to your opening yourself to yourself. To your exploring your deeper self - your subconscious self, your anxious even fearful self, your lonely self, your selfish self [hint: it's ok with me!] and your forgiving self, your compassionate self, your compassionate-to-yourself self. To your empowerment of your loving self. Just the thought that I might do so brings me fulfillment and joy.
I started this blog, with thoughts going back to the late 1970's, in June of 2013. Though being a judge was one reason for not enabling comments to my posts, I am now a retired judge, I have still not enabled comments because I write to offer food for thought, not to initiate correspondence, let alone debate in reader comments. I see now another reason for my no-comment policy: respect for your time. I encourage you, dear reader, to use your time to focus on whether or not something you read here is of value to you.
Readers who like what they read here may return, "follow" this blog, and share their experience of value here with others. I am grateful for that and invite visits to my other writings.* Visitors who don't see value here will just stop reading and not return. I wish them well. The holiness in every person does not require us to agree!
To each of my readers: may your kindnesses come back to you every day!
Leeland Cole-Chu
* https://afriendsthoughts.substack.com/p/what-will-we-americans-do-to-preserve our democracy?
https://www.threads.net/@leeland.cole_chu
https://afriendsthoughts.medium.com/reality-checks-about-personal-growth-and-responsibility-3a7be22695ac