Sunday, September 27, 2015

Questions about believing in, and strengthening, spiritual resources.

I believe Jesus lived a human life.
I believe that the challenges and difficulties in my life are nothing compared to those than Jesus faced with love, courage, wisdom and grace.
Do I think I have fewer resources for dealing with my challenges than Jesus had? 
Do I think Jesus did not experience the full array of common human feelings, including anger, frustration, discouragement, fatigue, ennui, yearning, confusion and doubt?  I do not.  But I believe He had an extremely powerful resource for dealing with such feelings: his connection to God, the Holy Spirit, and the spirit of Love, particularly of his fellow human beings. 
Can we today not develop that resource, that spiritual connection? 
I believe the questions become, first, do I believe I can do that?  If so, what am I willing to do to honor and to strengthen my connection to God, the Holy Spirit, and the spirit of Love?