Monday, January 29, 2024

On Living Selfishly - link to video

In 2022, I gave a TED-X Youth talk entitled "On Living Selfishly." In that talk, I assert my view that I am 100 percent selfish; that, even when I serve others, I am tied (with everyone who admits complete selfishness) for the distinction of being the most selfish person alive. To explain this view, I invite the audience - soon perhaps including you - to consider whether it helps simplify our lives, clarify our values, goals and communications, and improve our relationships to acknowledge, at least sometimes, being selfish.

Here is the link: https://events.locallive.tv/events/78964  (My talk starts at ~37 minutes.)

If you watch, thank you. There is so much self-righteousness and finger-pointing in society. This talk aims to reduce that. Because admitting our natural selfishness inoculates us against both criticizing others for being selfish and against getting upset if someone calls us selfish, I hope you find the talk valuable enough to share.