Monday, September 1, 2014

Economics of life

Math of life 101: "Enjoy each day to the max."  
Economics of life 101: "How can I deepen my enjoyment of life?"  How well do I use my twenty four hours?  How much time is allocated to the basics of survival? 
How much is allocated to finding and maintaining a peaceful balance of health, growth, time alone and time with others, service to others (including work, family, community and life on earth) and play?  How much is allocated to improving the quality of my life, including my capacity for service?  To appreciating my blessings?  To developing and honoring my values - in particular to keeping my promises?  To keeping physically fit?  To keeping emotionally and spiritually well?  To seeing and, when appropriate, taking life's opportunities?   
To pure fun?
How much of my time is allocated to dealing with my troubles and challenges?  To helping others deal with their troubles and challenges?  To escaping from troubles and challenges?
How much is allocated to seeking the approval of others?  To doing things out of fear, not choice?  To doing things with resentment?
How much of my day is allocated to deepening my understanding and appreciation of others?  To enlarging the number of others I seek to understand and appreciate? To expressing my love and appreciation of others?
How well is my allocation of time serving me?
How well is doing this, right now, serving me?

How conscious am I of the economics of life?