Thursday, July 9, 2020

Reality check #15

About a committed relationship:

I don't expect either myself or my partner to be perfect, but, as a partner, am I doing my best to live up to my expectations of myself as a partner?

Am I doing my best to live up to my partner's commitment to me?

Am I doing my best to learn my partner's expectations of me and to deal promptly and directly with my partner about the expectations which I cannot meet, or don't wish to try to meet, and why?

Do I consistently work to make the relationship stronger, more productive and joyful - and the commitment easier to fulfill?

Am I kind?

Am I truthful?

Do I value and acknowledge my partner's, and the relationship's, contributions to my own growth?

Do I value and acknowledge my partner's growth?

Do I view the attention, work, and discomfort - the vulnerability - which the commitment requires, and the resulting growth, with gratitude?